to make a reservation now
19th Century Atmosphere with 21st Century Amenities.
Palmer House Pet Policy
Pets are an integral part of many families. We love all kinds of animals, but in consideration of our other guests, only well behaved, house-broken dogs are allowed to stay in Palmer House pet-friendly accommodations. Guests needing pet accommodations must make reservations in advance over the phone.
Guests with confirmed pet reservations can rest assured their canine friends are welcome to enjoy a relaxing, comfortable stay at the Palmer House and we are pleased to provide a canine hospitality pack which includes a comfortable canine bed, treats, pick-up bags, bottled water and bowls. We invite all of your furry friends to enjoy a treat in-room, and our smaller canine guests to curl up with you in bed. We can help you plan an outing with your dog; directing you to local dog-friendly spots and area pet stores.
Pet Fee: In consideration for all of our guests, we conduct additional cleaning and laundering during and after each canine visitor’s stay. Consequently there is a $15.00 pet fee per pet for each stay. However the majority of each fee is donated to non-profit animal shelters and dog recue organizations in Michigan. If your room requires excessive cleaning, or if damages are incurred as a result of your pet’s actions, charges for additional services and repairs will be charged against your credit card.
There are a few simple rules listed below which you‘ll need to follow during your dog’s stay at the Palmer House.
• All reservations including pets must be made over the phone at (517) 629-0001.
• While our rooms are spacious, no more than two (2) dogs under 25-lbs each, or one dog up to 100-lbs may stay in each room. (An exception to policy may be granted in the case of a certified service dog.)
• The side stairs shall be used to move dogs to and from the guest rooms on the second and third floors.
• Be sure to keep your dogs on a leash or in a carrier if they’re outside of your room.
• Dogs must remain within your control at all times, either on a leash or in a carrier. Well-behaved, quiet dogs may remain alone in a guestroom in a carrier. However, if your pet is disturbing other guests or causing damage, then it cannot be left alone and must remain under your physical control at all times. Dave and I can help locate a Pet Sitter here in Albion if needed.
• With the exception of authorized service animals, pets are not allowed in the dining area, the parlor, library, or business center.
• Because we can’t clean your room while you and your pets are present, we ask that you coordinate a time with us to clean while you are out and about on a walk or perhaps at one of the areas’ dog parks.
• In consideration for other guests, please clean up after your pets, and keep them within your control at all times.
• We count on you to prevent your pet from making excessive noise, being disruptive or aggressive to other guests. If your pet is deemed dangerous, harmful or disruptive, we retain discretion to require you to find other accommodations. We also reserve the right to contact animal control to have a pet removed if necessary.